The Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day interactions with an enterprise client by establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with key peers on the client team. This person will oversee and manage a team executing the procurement and production of the client’s jobs and/or projects. Direct accountability for the client spend; focused on continually driving down costs, increasing margins, and identifying new sales channels and opportunities for InnerWorkings.
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers; provide on-going strategic insights and revised solutions/recommendations based on the changing market dynamics and industry trends.
- Continuously improve production solutions and evaluate current spend to maximize capabilities and drive value in the relationship from both an economic and service level.
- Implement an overall account structure and team that will excel in sourcing, procurement, production, and execution of all client jobs and projects.
- Oversee and facilitate procurement, production, shipping, and billing for the client’s jobs and projects; be a vital link between the client, production, and suppliers to ensure all terms of the contract and engagement are delivered flawlessly.
- Analyze job revenue, cost, and profitability, as well as quarterly and yearly analysis. Prepare Quarterly Business Reviews to present to the client and InnerWorkings’ management.
- Build successful partnerships with the client business leads and key decision makers to increase and expand revenue opportunities by identifying production solutions and evaluating current spend.
- Provide strategic guidance to the production team to optimize bidding and production processes.
- Responsible for staffing decisions, ensuring the account is properly resourced and season peaks are anticipated and staffed appropriately.
- Train, mentor and work closely with Senior Production Managers/Production Managers.
- Drive performance accountability and assume responsibility for overall management of the account; ensure the client team is providing superior customer service.
- 7+ years of managing production teams within a manufacturing, client, or agency environment.
- 5+ years of direct client interfacing experience.
- Experience working with suppliers and vendors to negotiate job costs and schedules.
- Proven management experience, including employee development and mentoring.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with all levels of professionals.
- Highly proficient with MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.