Account Manager, Initiative
The Account Manager, Initiative is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to grow business in emerging industries and account types to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow customer share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with appropriate channels (distributors and solution partner’s, etc.) to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Responsible for driving all Rockwell Automation revenue at assigned accounts.
- Responsible for calling on accounts to represent Rockwell Automation capabilities and to establish new accounts and revenue in assigned initiatives.
- Analyzes accounts and develops an account penetration plan to increase customer share.
- Updates customer on new products and technology as related to customer needs.
- Resolves channel issues resulting in conflict (e.g. APR violations, etc.).
- Develops account relationships at a senior level and establishes relationships withother appropriate influences within the customer base.
- Solves customer problems with the most appropriate Rockwell Automation solution and partners.
- Utilizes branch and district resources to provide appropriate technical expertise to the customer.
- Coordinates with Rockwell Automation distributors on account strategy as necessary.
- Collaborates with various corporate teams Customer Care team in the establishment of the agreements. Teams with corporate contracts and negotiations group. Negotiates accounts and initiatives.
- Coordinates the appropriate resources as necessary to resolve problems involving pricing, product specifications, warranties and product modifications.
- Provides application and product domain expertise.
- Manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation’s CCS process with appropriate.
- Engages the Rockwell Automation account team to plan for and win opportunities.
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer’s decision process.
- Understands and can relate applicable codes and standards to customer applications (e.g. NEC, UL, IEC, NFPA, SIL, CE, ANSI, etc.).
- Identifies customer technical/commercial challenges and engages appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- In depth knowledge of domain expertise (industry, applications, customer types) and participation in industry specific organizations.
- Team collaboration with Rockwell Automation industry or vertical focus.
- Establish and execute a strategic business plan to grow existing business in Detroit Process market.
- Lead business units into new markets by communicating new customer requirements and expectations.
- Minimum 8 or more years of successful salesexperience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm, OR graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program with5 or more years focused on process sales.
- Experienceworking with all levels of an industrial automation plant including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelordegree, preferably in an Engineering field. Additional business related degree/experiencepreferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.