The Account Manager, Initiative is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to grow business in existing and emerging industries and account types to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow customer share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with appropriate channels (distributors and solution partner’s, etc.) to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
The ideal candidate will be located in: Detroit-MI, Grand Rapids-MI, Midland-MI, Flint-MI.
- Responsible for driving all Rockwell Automation revenue at assigned accounts.
- Responsible for calling on accounts to represent Rockwell Automation capabilities and to establish new accounts and revenue in assigned initiatives.
- Analyzes accounts and develops an account penetration plan to increase customer share.
- Keeps customer up to date on Rockwell Automation capabilities (solutions, services, products)
- Provides industry insight and trends that help customer achieve the best business outcomes
- Resolves channel issues resulting in conflict (e.g. APR violations, etc.).
- Develops and maintains account relationships at a senior level and establishes relationships with other appropriate influences within the customer base.
- Solves customer problems with the most appropriate Rockwell Automation solution and partners.
- Utilizes branch and district resources to provide appropriate technical expertise to the customer.
- Coordinates with Rockwell Automation distributors on account strategy as necessary.
- Collaborates with various corporate teams Customer Care team in the establishment of the agreements. Teams with corporate contracts and negotiations group. Negotiates accounts and initiatives.
- Coordinates the appropriate resources as necessary to resolve problems involving pricing, product specifications, warranties and product modifications.
- Provides application and product domain expertise.
- Uses Rockwell Automations Disciplined Sales Process to manage sales activities.
- Builds the appropriate pursuit team to plan for and win opportunities.
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer’s decision process.
- Understands and can relate applicable codes and standards to customer applications (e.g. NEC, UL, IEC, NFPA, SIL, CE, ANSI, etc.).
- Identifies customer technical/commercial challenges and engages appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- In depth knowledge of domain expertise (industry, applications, customer types) and participation in industry specific organizations.
- Team collaboration with Rockwell Automation industry or vertical focus.
- Establish and execute a strategic business plan to grow share in assigned accounts.
- Lead business units into new markets by communicating new customer requirements and expectations.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor’s Degree, or in-lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4yrs working experience in Engineering, Industrial Automation, or Manufacturing related field.
- Minimum 5 or more years of successful work experience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm, or a graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program with 3 or more years focused on process sales.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Understanding of basic chemical manufacturing processes
- Experience engaging all levels within a customer, C-Suite, Plant and Operations Managers, Plant floor (Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, EH&S)