Support Property and Casualty producer and Account Executive, if applicable, by serving the larger and more complex clients, to be knowledgeable in coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting, and legislative changes, to maintain relationships with clients and carrier representatives, making independent decisions relative to analysis of coverage, recommending coverage needs, and negotiating insurance premiums with carriers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships, by phone, e-mail and in person.
2. Assist assigned clients and staff with service questions related to administration, billing, claims issues and problem-solving, upon request.
3. Continually seek cross-sell opportunities and suggest new lines of coverage.
4. Work with producer to monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Provide analysis and recommendation of coverage to client. Negotiate insurance premiums with carriers on basis of claims analysis.
5. Attend and coordinate meeting with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
6. Prepare marketing information or provide required information to a marketing person. Once marketing options have been prepared, the producer and Account Manager will present the options to the client.
7. Conduct quarterly account management visits with assigned clients to review renewal decisions. Formulate a plan with producer to address any issues.
8. Review claims reports monthly and deliver reports to clients on monthly or quarterly basis, as required.
9. Provide administrative support on other tasks such as assigned special projects and development of new ideas/services, as requested. Make recommendations as necessary to meet a need, correct a problem or provide additional service.
10. Become proficient in the Agency Management System, specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow-up in Agency Management System. Also, understand how to use the system to acquire information to assist clients.
11. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
12. Mentor Account Manager II and Account Manager I.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Eight years of experience gaining knowledge of the Property and Casualty business or equivalent experience
3. State-issued license
4. Ability and experience working with large retail accounts
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Good problem-solving skills
7. Good organizational skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight