The Account Manager is accountable for results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment by managing a portfolio of accounts and growing the clients to the next level. The Account Manager uses his or her technical knowledge and experience to ensure excellent communication and to meet customer standards, satisfaction, and timelines. The Account Manager also works collaboratively with internal team members including operations, sample control unit (SCU), and quality to ensure timely and successful completion of services. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in the functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Maintains account ownership and seeks to grow business within assigned portfolio. Connects periodically to get a sense of future business needs to aid in forecasting and foster growth.
- Acts as single point of contact for the customer relationship for assigned clients, including quote and change order requests, customer status updates, sample login, etc.
- Facilitates successful execution of services by facilitating smooth transitions from proposal signature to sample receipt/login to report submission and invoicing of client.
- Leads client meetings/technical discussions as needed for completion of services. Facilitates issue resolution, investigation discussions with clients, and escalates for senior management support.
- Facilitates new, amended, or extended CDAs or MSAs as required with legal and management support. Facilitates agreement for any modifications / exceptions to Proposal Terms & Conditions.
- Leads client visits including new business discussions and business review meetings.
- Maintains accurate customer data and updates to the Customer Relationship Management system (Sales Force). Generates timely reports (i.e. activity reports, metrics, etc) as requested.
- Works collaboratively with the external business development team to introduce contacts within current account as appropriate for additional business opportunities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Life Sciences, Engineering) or business degree with additional experience.
- Pharmaceutical or biotech experience required.
- CMO or CDMO experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role required, such as project management, customer service, proposals, sales, or technical / operational role that interfaced with clients.
- 3 years of related pharmaceutical or biotech experience required.
- 2 years of experience in customer-facing role in a service business required.
- 5 years of related pharmaceutical or biotech experience required.
- 3 years of experience in customer-facing role in a service business required.
- 8 years of related pharmaceutical or biotech experience required.
- 5 years of experience in customer-facing role in a service business required.
- Ability to independently manage accounts of any size, scope and complexity.
- Ability to coach and provide direction to less experienced account managers.