We are in the process of filling open positions for the combined company following CenturyLink?s acquisition of Level 3 Communications. All qualified candidates who express interest by submitting an application to an open posting will be considered. However, based on business needs, preference may be given to internal applicants on certain positions. We still welcome, and encourage, all application submissions while we continue our integration process. Internal applicants are current, active CenturyLink employees, including Level 3 employees who have transitioned to CenturyLink as part of the acquisition.
Responsible for sales account development within an established geographic territory for a moderately complex set of products and services using an array of prospecting activities.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in solution selling IP, data, and voice network services.
- Experience in strategic, technical, and business communications application sales.
- Experience with Salesforce.compreferred.
- Strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction and ability to provide assistance to sales force.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Develops and implements actions to create additional opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company. Assists in creating account plans and strategies to win new business from both new as well as existing customers.
- Develops and manages customer relationships for assigned accounts in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
- Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's product application technologies.
Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business, Marketing, Sales or similar
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.