The Account Manager will provide processing and sales support for loan applications received from Wholesale Loan Brokers. Works with assigned Account Executives and Brokers to facilitate the management of the loan applications from submission toclosing. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Main contact of communication and support between the Broker and the various departments and individuals of the company throughout the process of the loan, includes but not limited to Account Executive(s), Underwriting, Quality Control, Docs and Funding.
- Is responsible for excellent customer service.
- Pulls or verifies credit reports, flood certs and review appraisals as needed.
- Ensures compliance deadlines are met with regards to pre-disclosures, approval letters, cancellation and declinations.
- Monitors incoming documents from Broker verifying the data collected and submitted by brokers.
- Obtains necessary stipulations from brokers and clears any stipulations prior tofunding as required by underwriting.
- Proactively monitors pipeline to ensure timely funding of loans.
- Meets with Account Executives regarding their pipelines and updates the Account Executive daily.
- Communicates with the Broker at a minimum of every other day and updates all necessary parties (as well as notes in DataTrac.)
- Enters required data in computer system and maintains the accuracy of the data.
- Informs the Broker and Account Executive about any discrepancies in the title, appraisals, credit, employment, income and other related items in the loan file.
- Orders Verifications of Employment and Deposit to assist with the prefunding QC process.
- Assists departmental support staff when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of experience as a Wholesale Account Manager or mortgage Loan Processor with multiple Brokers, Account Executives, Investors and loan products.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of all aspects of wholesale loan production and mortgage loan processing.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & LICENSES:
- Maintains highly confidential information concerning loan applicants.
- FHA & VA background.
- Full knowledge of RESPA regulations as it pertains to the GFE.
- Requires high level of organizational skills and ability to work on several files simultaneously.
- Constant contact with borrowers, brokers, agent, loan officers and internal office staff.
- Significant coordination of various duties required. Office machines such as computer, copiers, fax machines. Sitting for extended time periods. Hearing and vision within normal range.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Calyx Point, DataTrac experience preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize workload, meet deadlines and handle detailed assignments.
- Strong customer service skills.