As Account Manager, you will manage relationships with current customers, cultivating relationships with prospective accounts, fulfilling technical service requests, coordinating internal trials on laboratory equipment and managing customer trials on production machinery.
What will be expected from you?
- Negotiate sales prices with prospective accounts and implement price increases, or concessions at current customers
- Manage Huntsman’s relationship with current customers to maintain current supply position, uncover new opportunities for additional sales, and to monitor competitive activity
- Maintain an understanding of market conditions and changes in the industry
- Travel to customers in the Americas region for commercial discussions, technical service visit, production trials and to uncover new opportunities
- Requests input and feedback from supervisors and fellowassociates when technical problems or commercial obstacles occur or project timelines are threatened; ensures all project objectives are thoroughly understood
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to upper management at customer sites and to internal commercial and technical groups
- Communicate all customer requests that require technical development work to the technical team
- Respond to customer inquiries by ensuring technical service enquiries are provided by our Research & Development team.
- Submit samples for analytical and physical analysis as specified in the specific customer request
- Combine a fundamental understanding of chemistry and a high level of creativity in order to develop solutions for customer needs
- Establish safety stocks and manage inventory of assigned commercialized products
- Submit and updateforecasted demand to enable fulfillment by the Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities.
- BS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineer and 8 years of recent chemical sales experience.
- 50 – 75% travel is required.
- Surfactant chemistry experience/knowledge a plus.
- Home Personal Care market experience a plus.
- Proven account management and successful sales experience
- Excellent communication and cross cultural awareness skills
- Detailed and accurate, to make sure projects are handled correctly
- The versatility to work in diverse subject areas
- Strong work ethic with a hands-on attitude
- Available for business travel, approximately in a calendar year
- Must pro-actively liaise with other parties. Good communication skills required, both in active listening and influencing. Must actively participate in cross-functional teams and excel in regional and inter-regional communication.
- Execution oriented with strong problem solving skills, work effectively in team environment, excellent internal and external customer focus.