The Account Manager will manage profitable growth across all products and services and optimize all sales channels. In addition the AM will expand market presence in their assigned territory by identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently and within our matrix organization to establish selling strategies and tactics that result in new account business generation
- Schedule and complete weekly prospecting activities to include field canvassing
- Build & maintain ongoing rapport with key individuals at customer locations
- Manage sales materials, presentations, contracts & pricing
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets on a consistent basis
- Track & enter daily sales activities, leads, pipeline into online sales tracking system
- Accountable to accurately forecast new business both monthly and quarterly
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of markets, products, industry, competition, key buying influences, and partners.
- Make meaningful solution recommendations based on identified needs, and present proposal in a persuasive manner.
- Negotiate effectively with customers and prospects using principles that expand offerings and add unique value that motivates buyers to do business with Tennant.
- Independently manage tough business situations. This includes anticipating obstacles and competitive threats and modifying or adjusting solutions in such a way as to be in a preferred position
- Perform equipment demonstrations and be able to trailer equipment as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree; and three plus years outside sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years continuous outside sales experience, and history of progressive sales results.
- Prior experience in the commercial or industrial cleaning industry preferred.
- Exceptional business related skills including the ability to develop business strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with high level contacts and interaction with people at all levels within an organization.
- Effective negotiation, organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to prospect, propose, negotiate and close a sale.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications with familiarity using sales and customer tracking software (CRM.)
- Must be able to meet DOT requirements and reporting procedures. Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety.
- Must meet physical requirements of the position including ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration gear.