Responsible for selling industrial packaging products to existing customers and prospective clients. Maintain existing business and assist Business Unit Sales/Marketing management to achieve new sales.
- Communicates with existing customers and manages accounts to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains Greif's existing business by developing and presenting "value propositions" to existing customers.
- Interfaces with Greif employees in functional areas including but not limited to Production, Customer Service, Accounts Receivable and Shipping in order to provide customer satisfaction.
- Interacts with and assists Business Unit Sales/Marketing management to achieve new sales.
- Creates detailed proposals and quotes.
- Delivers samples/prototypes to customers.
- Completes and updates sales related paperwork.
- Travels within territory as required.
- Maintains good working relationships with Greif plants that service customers in the assigned territory.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
- May solicit requests for quotes
- For under-performing accounts, may execute re-pricing action where possible, substitute with higher pocket margin specification or otherwise, re-price to achieve target pocket margin.
- May interface with plant to determine lost and new customer opportunities (e.g., customer segment, value propositions).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or proven track record in this industry.
- Over 5 years industrial sales experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform cold customer calls and follow-up on leads.
- Negotiation skills are required.