This position's primary responsibility is to coordinate the placement and service of employee benefit plans for clients. This role is client-facing and leverages competencies gained from the advanced understanding of the employee benefits insurance/services industry along with strong knowledge of HR administration functions in order to best serve clients. This person must excel in providing best-in-class strategic account management service to existing clients while working collaboratively with the Senior Account Executive and Benefits Consultant.
Serving mid-sized businesses to publicly traded companies, Bailey & Company provides an unmatched range of advisory services for employee benefits programs. Bailey & Company specializes in a variety of employee benefit program types to suit the needs of even the most enterprising companies. To ensure the best possible outcome, Bailey & Company carefully places each client with the account management team that will create a customized plan for their unique needs.
- Work with the service team to manage and oversee new business and renewal processes by establishing and following workflow procedures and best practices.
- Communicate with underwriters on submissions and negotiate costs, coverages, and other terms on behalf of clients.
- Maintain complete client files with clear documentation of account details, including policy information, activities, and correspondence with accuracy.
- Partner with internal departments to plan, execute and track the customized strategy for each client to create measurable value and efficiencies for their business in a timely manner.
- Create client proposals, providing a summary of programs and options with a service plan and other specific deliverables designed to support clients in making decisions about insurance programs.
- Analyze financial performance, risk and coverage structures of current programs and make recommendations for changes when appropriate and execute changes.
- Evaluate coverage, terms and conditions of quotes received from underwriters, compare quote options from multiple carriers, and present comparisons as requested
- Remain current on industry products, trends and legislation.
- Follow client service workflows and appropriately engage internal resources to ensure efficiency and accuracy of consistent execution.
- Build personalized client relationships through demonstrated ownership of the service plan and multiple channels of communication such as phone, email and in-person meetings.
- Take an enterprise-wide approach to client service by collaborating with other service teams to create a cohesive client service experience.
- Create submissions for underwriters by engaging with clients and prospective clients about their challenges and program needs, assembling data into high quality RFP submissions following our firm's best practices.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with insurance carriers, attend meetings and events as appropriate, and proactively learn about their products and underwriting approaches.
- Train, guide, mentor and collaborate with peers while maintaining successful relationships.
- 5+ years of employee benefits account management or insurance-related field with groups of 100+ employees.
- Health & Life License.
- Exposure to self-funded plan management (100+ lives groups) required.
- Experience working with VP of HR and benefit administration contacts at clients.
- Desire and ability to effectively present at client and employee meetings.
- Participate in process improvement (help the team learn and develop workflows).
- Comfortable in a firm with a boutique feel; a smaller team that's nimble and where team members work both collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent organization and planning skills demonstrating the ability to effectively organize and manage multiple streams of work at a detailed level.
- Exceptional verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to successfully interact at all company levels while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all kinds of people and have a desire to provide exceptional customer service.