Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic, fibre, flexible, corrugated, and reconditioned containers, intermediate bulk containers, containerboard and packaging accessories, and provides filling, packaging and industrial packaging reconditioning services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the south eastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with more than 200 operating locations in more than 40 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
The Account Manager is responsible for selling industrial packaging products to existing customers and prospective clients. Maintain existing business and assist Business Unit Sales/Marketing management to achieve new sales.
- Communicates with existing customers and manages accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains Greif’s existing business by developing and presenting “value propositions” to existing customers.
- Interfaces with Greif employees in functional areas including but not limited to Production, Customer Service, Accounts Receivable and Shipping in order to provide customer satisfaction.
- Interacts with and assists Business Unit Sales/Marketing management to achieve new sales.
- Creates detailed proposals and quotes.
- Delivers samples/prototypes to customers.
- Completes and updates sales related paperwork.
- Travels within territory as required.
- Maintains good working relationships with Greif plants that service customers in the assigned territory.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
- If business unit is CLCM, will negotiate for raw materials.
- May solicit requests for quotes
- For under-performing accounts, may execute re-pricing action where possible, substitute with higher pocket margin specification or otherwise, re-price to achieve target pocket margin.
- May interface with plant to determine lost and new customer opportunities (e.g., customer segment, value propositions).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or proven track record in this industry.
- Over 5 years industrial sales experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform cold customer calls and follow-up on leads.
- Negotiation skills are required.