Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of MagnaInternational, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with 50 pluslocations globally.
The FCA Sales Account Manager is responsible for securing new business and managing the customer account needs throughout entire product life cycle (from pre-acquisition through end of production); Providing customer sales / acquisition support for new programs, increasing existing business & customer base through strategic selling of Magna’s technologyportfolio and world class manufacturing capabilities; Leads account-related communications, and commercial management of program-related functional activities including quoting, purchasing, product engineering, quality, manufacturing / launch management, & finance/budget.
The individual must possess 5+ years of sales and/or comparable account management experience with a verifiable record of results within the automotive industry along with a strong technical background including knowledge of powertrain systems & components (including 4WD/AWD, fluid pressure & controls, stampings & castings) and a good understanding of cross-functional responsibilities. Primary objectives include increasing market share, improving margin, creating/improving strong customer relationships & earning new opportunities. The account manager will also have communication oversight during the execution of awarded business.
1. Responsible for securing profitable business opportunities for MPT’s multiple Product Groups including Driveline Systems, Fluid Pressure & Controls and Metal Forming Solutions. Sells, renews and expands product agreements to both key and targeted customers to reach optimal sales and profit levels. Responsible for meeting assigned product sales goals and objectives and maintaining accurate GOTS reporting. Responsible for preparation, submission, & presentation of quotations to customers. Responsible for obtaining preliminary contracts (LOI, MOU, Nomination Letter, etc.) and securing firm and accurate program contracts.
2. Recommends product solutions, links to customer objectives, total value solutions, and competitive advantage to existing & potential customers. Differentiates and leverages Magna Powertrain’s product offerings from competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with Magna.
3. Possesses the instinct to ascertain & build relationships with key customer contacts responsible for the decision making process. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment. Manages ongoing sales process and responds to and anticipates customer needs.
4. Involved in the development of team sales, marketing plans, and strategies, and participates in regular business reviews. Based on observations coupled with a thorough understanding of the accounts, draws on the resources at hand to drive the customer's business to mutually agreed upon objectives. Keeps abreast of market trends.
5. Cohesively aligns with Global Product Managers & Product Engineering by providing customer feedback on products and features as well as competitive information within their respective product group.
6. Owns commercial management through complete product life cycle from concept, quoting, program award, product development, launch, post–production performance (EOP and service) utilizing the Magna Global Program Management System (GPMS). Responsible for commercial closure on items that are due from the customer.
7. Commercially manage Series Production Phase including claims management, change management & continuous improvement, VA/VE activities, and execution of ongoing price negotiations / adjustments with the objective of maintaining or improving profitability from time of award.
8. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
9. Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
10. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
1.BachelorsDegreeRequired or equivalent (6 additionalyears of related technicalexperience in addition toexperience referenced above). Technical /EngineeringDegree is highlypreferred.
1. Must possess a combined 5+ years of sales and/or comparable account management experience along with a verifiable record of results in both disciplines within the automotive industry.
2. Strong technical background including knowledge of powertrain components & 4WD/AWD systems and a good understanding of cross-functional responsibilities.
3. Working knowledge of FCA’s key business processes preferred.
4. Must possess moderately advanced usage of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint); must be proficient in company & customer systems.
Skills and Competencies
1. Business Acumen: Able to focus on delivering services in a way that enhances / maximizes profitability; ensure that team delivers service in a way that brings out the organization's value and competitive advantage; manage against a budget; educate team on important developments within the organization; discuss relevant industry developments with team.
2. Entrepreneurial Drive for Results: The ability to find creative solutions and generate results in a dynamic market environment. Need to have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to infuse that in others. Tireless work ethic is a given.
3. Influencing & Communication Skills: Keen listening, open-mindedness, and strong interpersonal skills so that necessary alliances with internal & external groups can be forged and developed quickly. Comfortable communicating both formally and informally with senior executives and communicate openly and equitably with peers & subordinates throughout MPT & customer organizations.
4. Technical / Functional Understanding: Able to serve as a source of technical / functional issues & perspective to others; demonstrate a breadth of technical/functional knowledge outside of core specialty; provide others with opportunities for technical growth; develop the technical competence of others as a way to achieve results; hold people accountable for technical excellence.
Office environment; up to 50%Travelrequired to customer offices & productionlocations, Magna productionlocations, etc. While working in production environments, the colleague will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels oftemperature created by the manufacturing process.
MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES:
No direct supervisory responsibilities, but carries out leadership / account management responsibilities (dotted-line basis) over project teams. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and following up on open issues to meet customer needs, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
1. Magna S3 Quote Model / WIRE
2. Global Opportunity Tracking System (GOTS)
3. Magna Global Program Management System (GPMS)
4. Magna Powertrain Product Training