You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco Champion programs and services in targeted accounts within the refining and petrochemical industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic Nalco Champion accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. If applicable, relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate.
- Work closely with large, strategic current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and new customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco Champion innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Champion.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership by coaching and training other District Reps, championing corporate initiatives, and by planning and leading portions of District Meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business in large, strategic accounts.
- Possible travel within assigned sales territory 25%.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ successful technical sales or refinery engineering experience
- 25% overnight travel required to support sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 10 years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Sales or account leadership history of calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive-level relationships
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Job ID: 77188BR