At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We're improving the world's economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The OnDeck Equipment Finance (EF) Partnership Account Managers are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with referral and strategic partners as well as brokers to provide small business owners (SBOs) with the best equipment finance options for their business. You are or will become an expert in SMB equipment finance with an outside-the-box approach to increase productivity. Within this team, you will have the opportunity to work with our referral partners to develop strong relationships, while also helping current customers access MORE equipment financing for their equipment needs. This position requires creative thinking, resilience, and the ability to work not only with small business owners, but also with our partners, internal and external.
As an Account Manager at OnDeck on the Equipment Finance Team you will:
- Build a strong book by proactively engaging with emerging/low producing partners while exhibiting strong organizational skills.
- Diligently log partner communications/visits/partner profile via Events
- Cover entire deal flow from start to finish, highly proficient at selling deals and managing partner relationships.
- Build, maintain and grow partner relationships.
- Maintains weekly rapport with partners on SPIFFs, production & pace, available for deal flow questions, pricing requests, checkouts, AND direct conversations with small business owner-applicants
- Out of office partner visits to improve relationships and conduct trainings.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners such as operations and product to help improve processes
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3-5 years sales experience through high-volume phone and email communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and driven to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- A true team player, focused on yourself and the overall team's success
- Excellent organizational/time management skills to ensure follow up with all Partners / SMB owners.
- Proficient in professional relationship building and negotiation skills
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbally, as well as cross functionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in SMB lending, preferably small ticket equipment finance loans
- Experience with salesforce.com CRM
- Ability to work in a start-up environment with a "do what it takes" attitude