The Account Manager – End User is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for assigned solutions and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with distributors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the Industry Vertical Teams on an account by account basis when appropriate.
- Establishes, executive level relationships with the customer base and understands customer processes and business model.
- Coordinates and communicates with the solutions and channel component sales management and the distributor organizations.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation’s Customer Centric Selling process.
- Qualifies customer opportunities and qualifies and coordinates the solution design.
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer’s decision process and
presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances.
- Engages the Rockwell Automation account team and the senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
- Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
- Obtains agreements and prices to support the proposal effort.
- Supports customer/internal program reviews and also the development of district level Market Focus Plan.
- Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Minimum 5+ years of successful salesexperience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, or business related field.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.