Account Manager, Earned Media, Technology
Practice Area: Technology
Edelman has experienced unprecedented growth in recent years – growth that is reflective of the firm’s ongoing evolution from a PR agency into a communications marketing firm. We now offer several specialized areas of expertise, including creative, social, paid media and research to help clients evolve, promote and protect their brands in the market.
By investing heavily in specialty areas – and by focusing on collaboration, agency position, innovation, and establishing a culture of creativity – Edelman is well-positioned to continue to deliver best-in-class work to our clients in today’s complex media landscape.
Edelman Toronto is looking for an Account Manager with strong earned media experience to work on technology client files (consumer tech & B2B).
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in earned media, message development, event management, as well as understand the importance of incorporating social media, paid media and digitalchannels into client programs.
You will offer a proven ability to work on integrated campaigns and bring excellent written and verbal communications skills.
With a strong ability to work with senior staff, you will be involved in the execution of communications plans based on client goals.
You will be given the opportunity to execute smart campaigns across a diverse account mix including telecommunications, security, gaming, gadgets & entertainment, and enterprise technology.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the public relations industry and its basic principles
- Understand key client information, including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Provide client service administration support; attend meetings, handle scheduling logistics, and draft agendas and recaps
- Research, compile and analyze the media landscape as it pertains to core technology journalists and outlets
- Write, edit and proofread materials including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets and client correspondence
- Participate in new business process including research, audits and proposal development
- Demonstrate general knowledge of social media tools
- Build lists and pitch media
- Commit to continuous learning through internal and external training opportunities
- Strong team player with the ability to manage junior team members and work directly with senior team members
- Live the Edelman values (the relentless pursuit of excellence, freedom to be constantly curious and courage to do the right thing)
- A Bachelordegree (or better) in Communication or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of related experience in earned media or communications experience working on enterprise technology, gaming, gadgets or consumer technology client files.
- Excellent knowledge of the technology media landscape in Ontario (and Canada).
- An understanding of the role of communications and PR agencies. Experience in agency considered an advantage.
- Experience in client service is a must. A demonstrated ability to address client concerns thoughtfully and effectively.
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint is required.
- Great references from past employers.
- A smart mind for business (it is why we’re here, right?).
If you are passionate about communications and bring earned media experience, please include your résumé and cover letter. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Toronto.
Media relations experience is required, as well as an understanding of how to compile and showcase media results with proactive analysis of message pull-through, tone of coverage, etc.
Account Manager, Earned Media, Technology - (172176).