DuPont Pioneer currently has an opening for an Account Manager in Illinois to lead thesales efforts for Pioneer Brand Products. Counties included are DeKalb, Kane, eastern Ogle, & eastern Lee. What do we expect from you?Sales:
- Responsible for direct selling larger accounts within assigned territory.
- Team selling with local sellers to accounts in that area – includes on farm sales calls for both existing customers and prospects.
- Directly manage the assignment of customers and prospects to sales representatives.
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with sellers.
Technical skills/product understanding:
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Pioneer products and services.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects.
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts which includes developing and maintaining the relationship and servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point of sale.
- Provide necessary skills and knowledge training to meet sales performance objectives.
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products/services, and build relationships.
- Serve as a role model, teacher and coach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness.
- Recruit, select, and retain a high quality professional sales force that can meet the needs of customers.
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
QualificationsWhat do we need from you?
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketingrequired. Will consider otherdegrees with related field salesexperience.
- At least 5 years salesexperience, managing and coaching individuals.
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and coach.
- Agronomy and crop production practices preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work in a rural environment
- Ability to pass driving record background check
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 100% 401k company match
- 3 weeks paid time-off to start
- 12 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – varied mix of working from home office and spending time out in the field