Are you passionate about building business relationships and solving customer problems in an engineer-oriented environment? Are you experienced in providing networking services and products to federal and commercial clients? ViaSat is a leader in providing practical solutions for challenging communications problems. ViaSat brings a unique mix of communications, networking, and cybersecurity expertise to offer secure networking solutions for satellite and terrestrial communications applications and services. The company continues to grow at a record pace. A key to the company’s growth and stability has been its flexibility in serving both commercial and government markets.
The Account Manager will leverage existing relationships in the DoD/IC/Federal and/or Integrator market space in order to quickly engage and promote the ViaSat portfolio. Apply your knowledge and experience in security from a network or IT perspective combined with solid and extensive contacts across the DoD/IC/Federal and Prime Integrator community. You will leverage existing ViaSat customers, but utilize your contacts and experience to expand and establish a new and diverse customer base over time.
As a leader with an entrepreneurial, proactive spirit that has experience growing business, you will rapidly understand ViaSat capabilities and customer needs and grow the business. You will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic plans and initiatives. You will work in cross functional, geographically diverse teams and have the opportunity to develop and execute a vision for how to take ViaSat to a higher level of impact and influence with our customers. You will have the flexibility to work remotely, and/or perform in a small office environment with minimal management oversight.
- 10+ years in the US DoD/IC/Federal communications customers/markets, networking and cybersecurity or security services business areas.
- Proven experience to cultivate large strategic sales in a multi-faceted DoD/IC/Federal saleschannel.
- Proven ability to educate potential customers on applications, understand their problems and promote the use of, leading edge communications, networking, and cybersecurity products
- Ability to understand customer problems and contribute to the solutions development process
- An established network of contacts within the DoD/IC/Federal and Integrator communities in the greater Washington D.C. area is preferred.
- Familiarity with tactical communications equipment in the federal and commercial markets
- US government position. US Citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent
- Located in Washington, DC area or east coast is preferred but we’re open to discussion
- Top Secret Clearance