Account Manager - DHS Law Enforcement Component
15+ years experience •
CSRA has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution focused Account Manager to join our mission critical team in Washington, DC. This candidate will develop the Account Plan and lead the $30-$40 million portfolio for a component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) servicing more than 6,000 users. Our Federal law enforcement customer has the vital mission of protecting the security of our nation and it's people.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Account Manager who can lead the business in developing a targeted growth strategy, drive operational efficiency and execution excellence, and build innovative and high performing teams who focus on Client success. This position will have full P&L responsibility for a $30-$40 million business segment and will report as one of the key operating business units to the Vice President of DHS HQ & Component Support. A successful candidate should have refined consultative skills and will regularly coordinate with operational support and sales teams to ensure customer intimacy.
Essential Job Functions:
This position will require full P&L responsibilities to deliver projects and win new business related to CSRA core capabilities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Building and managing an effective and efficient team focused on high quality delivery, financial performance, and client relationship development
- Developing a short and long term growth strategy with related tactical execution plans that will drive top line and bottom line growth for the team
- Engage the leverage services arm of the company to bring our capabilities in cloud, infrastructure, applications development and related services to existing and potentially new clients
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the various components within DHS.
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of IT and mission focused business operations to include service desks, infrastructure and software development programs.
- Experience running a $30-$40M or larger P&L account
- Experience managing large, diverse teams in multiple locations
- Proficiency in building a business strategy that drives growth and execution
- Leadership qualities that translate into business outcomes – specifically around team building and cohesion, client relationship development, and strategic thinking around enterprise business matters
- Established hands-on experience managing programs of significance – both execution and financial focus – required
- Solid communication capabilities, both verbal and written are required
- Ability and flexibility for travel within the US required
Education: BA or equivalent + 15 yrs related experience, or MA +13 yrs related experience
- 10+ years in a government contracting or Government Program / Project Management profession with increasing responsibility
- PMP is preferred but not required
- Agency specific clearance as well as an Interim Secret is required
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will bring proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse, dispersed, and growing business. The candidate will possess an established record of accomplishment of creating, developing and maintaining customer relationships. A critical success factor will be to embrace the opportunity to motivate and energize the team, while keeping pace in a dynamic environment, thriving under pressure, while seamlessly keeping the team inspired.
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.