Join the best diagnostic sales team in the country! Quidel's Account Manager for the DHI Family of Brands is responsible for territory management and sales of the DHI Family of Brands into the hospital market within assigned geographic territory. The Account Manager meets sales and profitability goals by managing DHI accounts to secure existing business, and successfully convert cell based assay sales to other diagnostic solutions in the greater Quidel portfolio. Typically sells direct and also works with distribution to accomplish objectives.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years salesexperience, preferably in the medical device/diagnostic market.
- Experience with distributor sales, hospital sales, and/or national accounts preferred
- Proven track record of accomplishment with demonstrated ability to independently manage a territory, maximize profitability, and execute a favorable ROI on programs and expense budgets.
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to enter, maintain, query, and analyze account data via CRM Software (SalesForcepreferred) and Cognos
- Ability to work autonomously, and at the same time promote and facilitate a team effort.
- A positive attitude demonstrated during company functions and public events to encourage team camaraderie and enthusiasm for growth in market share and revenue.
- High degree of ethics and professionalism while interacting with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to think strategically and bring a high level of creativity to the organization.
- Ability to uphold and support individual and company values.
- Strong sales presentation and negotiation skills.
- Solid communication skills – written and verbal.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database query, and CRM Software (SalesForcepreferred)
- Ability to handle confidential information on behalf of a publicly traded company is required
- Must be physically able to travel up to 70%. Travel includes airplane, automobiletravel, and overnights. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis. On a typical work day, 80% of time meeting with people, 20% of the time on computer, doing paperwork, or on phone. Walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time is routine to accomplish tasks in this role. Must have the discipline, organization skills and self-motivation to work autonomously in a home office environment.
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players.
Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID : 1322