In collaboration with the field sales team (Engineering Solution Managers, ESMs), the Account Manager is responsible for supporting data center customers with specification reviews, quotes for new opportunities and management of existing orders.
- Work in collaboration with field sales as internal key account liaison for data center customers.
- Manages pre-sales requests for proposals from field sales and prepares quotations. Quotes include information on proposed products, specification compliance statements, project timelines and purchase agreements. Work with end users, distribution partners and third-party suppliers.
- Coordinates project meetings with internal Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Sales departments for large complex quotes and projects and External stakeholders.
- Work with the Accounting department with regards to pricing, terms, profit targets, audits.
- Follow-up on project submittals.
- Provide project status reports to customers.
- Coordinate release of all project documentation, i.e. submittals, for manufacturing.
- Establish, maintain, and report on project manufacturing and delivery schedules.
- Manages customer contract obligations and schedules for products and/or services to fulfillment.
- Coordinates activities with shipping, installation and start-up as required by the contract.
- Coordinate the timely resolution of warranty and service issues for key accounts.
- Manages and maintains continuity of field service related issues and communications for key accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline from an ABET accredited engineering program or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in technical quoting, reading engineering drawings and project specifications and working with product lines of similar technical complexity.
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build teams, make sound decisions, and drive action cross functionally.
- Demonstrated people skills required to lead & motivate professionals in a matrix organization who are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Travel is required 20% of the time.