ChemTreat's sales opportunities are specific to water treatment and require an individual with both sales and technical knowledge within the industry. This water treatment sales position is focused on managing existing accounts and growing new business to drive ChemTreat's market position within a geography or an industry.
The Account Manager will be responsible for retaining an existing customer base by fostering the ChemTreat value certification and earning a return on investment as well as actively generating new accounts. This position is primarily focused on the profitable growth and maintenance of territory by determining and meeting customer needs.
Qualified applicants must have knowledge and understanding of water treatment including feeding chemicals and taking measurements, troubleshooting, and explaining to customers what is needed to fix a problem, improve a system, or provide a reduction in the total cost of ownership. ChemTreat prides itself on delivering maximum value to the customer, therefore all sales positions are expected to value sell and continuously demonstrate cost savings when managing accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the creation, improvement, and implementation of innovative sales strategies to drive ChemTreat's position and increase share within the assigned geography.
- Develop key relationships with customers through the following methods: identify and engage key decision-makers within existing accounts, prospect and cold call generation, frequent follow-up, utilize strategic questioning, and drive to root issues to identify customers' needs.
- Increase sales and profit margin within the territory by meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
- Engage technical staff and management as needed to develop retention and growth strategies.
- Establish professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts.
- Create and present effective proposals to current and prospective customers
- Communicate the ChemTreat value proposition to the customer base
- Troubleshoot technical and site-specific process issues
- Attract, interview, and screen new candidates at various levels
- Effectively audit key unit operations
- Entertain customers and prospects in accordance with ChemTreat's entertainment policy
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Organizational skills; Self-management
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset
- Balance of self-confidence and humility
- Ability to be a team player and partner well with others
- Required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (emails, comprehensive service reports, proposals, etc.)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Industry knowledge specific to water treatment including familiarity with various applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
- 7+ years of successful water treatment related experience
- Proven track record of generating sales revenue and maintaining and growing an account base
- Travel dependent on the size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing, and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use earplugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- The outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- The use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat field and leadership teams
AT WILL STATEMENT
Employment with ChemTreat is on an at-will basis, which means that either the employee or ChemTreat can terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason (or no reason), with or without notice, unless the employee and ChemTreat have entered a written agreement signed by the employee and a duly authorized representative of ChemTreat.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.