Our client has been serving businesses and industry for over 115years. They are a well-established industrial services and equipment company servicing many different industries including aerospace and metal casting foundries.
Based in Texas, the Account Manager will be responsible for executing sales strategies, initiating contact with potential and existing customers, and identifying needs and then selling an appropriate array of products to meet those needs.
The Account Manager will report to the Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business throughout the assigned territory
- Call on prospective accounts; qualify needs and create customer/supplier relationship
- Manage assigned accounts; build strong and positive relationships with clients at various levels
- Learn buying influences, budgets, and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts
- Be knowledgeable of all product lines
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customers
- Clearly document knowledge about clients’ business and status of their projects
- Clearly communicate with management personal forecast and grow opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products, pricing and/or marketing strategies
- Increase sales by actively ensuring financialtargets are reached
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Account Manager candidate will need to have 3-5years of industrialsalesexperience. Foundry, Metal Casting, or other related industry experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate has experience managing assigned accounts and building positive relationships. The candidate would also need to be able to learn buying influences, budgets, and purchasing criteria for those assigned accounts, while focusing on growing the territory by establishing new accounts.
Knowledge about all products and having clear communication with management personnel is critical for the company to grow.
- BA/BS degree or adequate relevant experience
- Customer/Client focus
- Strong sales and prospecting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong presentation skills and professional appearance
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to travel; have a clear and valid driver’s license
- Should be competent in problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and be able to respond to different types of personalities
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Ability to accurately type
- Parts cleaning and basic understanding of the industrial cleaning process, including time, temperature and concentration.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise withothers.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits from organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.