Account Manager, Client Strategy
A fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager to join one of Vancouver’s most exciting and rapidly evolving brand communications agencies.
As a leading global communications and marketing firm, Edelman makes it a priority to stay a step ahead in the industry. Our Vancouver office is one of 66 connected Edelman locations around the world and BC’s largest communications firm with 45 full-time employees and an active creative & design studio.
Edelman has evolved from an internationally renowned PR firm to a full-service brand communications agency. We offer a suite of specialized services including marketing, creative, digital, social, paid media, data & research, crisis & risk, corporate communications, earned media and public relations, to help brands engage their customers in today’s complex media landscape.
Interested in joining our team?
Edelman Vancouver is looking for an Account Manager with agency experience to join our Client Strategy-Corporate team. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in: project management, collaborating with creative teams, research and materials development, writing communications plans and communications content, and media relations. Understanding the role of digital and social media as it relates to communications is important.
As a Client Strategist, you will be working as the hub of integrated client campaigns, collaborating with all specialty teams in a fast-paced environment. With a strong ability to work with clients and senior staff, you will be involved in developing and executing communications marketing plans based on client goals.
You will work on integrated strategies and campaigns that incorporate a full breadth of earned and paid media, research and analysis, digital and social strategies, and you will contribute to impactful creative executions.
As a member of the Client Strategy team, you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of smart and creative portfolios across a diverse corporate account mix.
You will be encouraged to be an active contributor to brainstorms, client strategies and new business proposals using your experience and initiative.
You will maintain project schedules, coordinate input from other team members, respond to client requests and track multiple activity streams.
You are an energetic and intellectually curious person, and are motivated to be a strategic leader. You are a highly-organized and a proactive project manager and bring a fundamental understanding of how to tell a compelling story across multiple channels.
You are knowledgeable about the Vancouver business environment and interested in how companies and organizations connect with their stakeholders and target audiences.
At Edelman, we provide opportunities for continuous learning and training, mentorship, and proactive career pathing. Joining Edelman Vancouver means you are joining our global network.
You will have access to a wide variety of work and opportunities to collaborate with peers and leadership across Canada and around the world.
Edelman Vancouver is a great fit for someone who is a motivated self-starter looking for a fun, cooperative team environment.
- Gains insight into key client information, including their business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Participates in key client meetings to sell in ideas, discuss and map out activities, and address feedback
- Thinks about clients and programs across a variety of platforms, channels and audiences
- Writes, edits and proofreads materials including press releases, pitch letters, fact sheets, creative briefs and client correspondence
- Provides support for earned media teams in writing and pitching media
- Provides client strategy and client service support: attends meetings, manages scheduling logistics, develops project trackers, builds and maintains critical paths
- Contributes to communications plans and tactics for clients, including key messages, audience and media analysis, and timelines
- Looks for opportunities to lead projects or initiatives
- Participates in new business process including research, audits and proposal development
- Demonstrates good knowledge of social media tools
- Demonstrates understanding of creating and managing client budgets
- Commits to continuous learning through internal and external training opportunities
- Lives the Edelman values (the relentless pursuit of excellence, freedom to be constantly curious and courage to do the right thing)
- A Bachelordegree, diploma or certificate in marketing, communications, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- At least three years of related experience, ideally in an agency or client service environment and ideally in Vancouver
- A penchant for project management and organization
- Strong writing skills are essential
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of integrated marketing and communications strategies
- An understanding of the role of marketing, advertising and PR agencies
- Experience coordinating with creative teams, and writing creative and project briefs
- Familiarity or experience working with integrated marketing specialities such as planning, creative, paid media, earned media, digital and social, research, corporate communications, or issues and crisis management
- Experience in client service is a must, with a demonstrated ability to address client concerns thoughtfully and effectively
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint is required
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to bring teams together
Account Manager, Client Strategy - (171973).