This integral member of the team will report to the Director, Client Development. The Account Manager will drive revenue and provide fact-based insights and analyses within both Consumer and Commercial Technology accounts to ensure continued growth and profitability. We are looking for a candidate with the ability to utilize research and insights to engage with clients and help drive their business decisions.
This position will be based in San Diego, CA.
- Understand the dynamics of your clients’ organization and penetrate the account base to identify applications for NPD products and services.
- Ability to follow the sales cycle from opportunity to negotiation to the close of the sale.
- Build strategic relationships and focus on expanding contacts in your client base in order to identify and network with new budget centers at accounts, demonstrating the confidence to seek out new relationships and build credibility.
- Utilize multiple data sources, including point-of-sale, receipt, and consumer panel data, to objectively partner with manufacturers to help them grow their business and ensure client satisfaction with their current investment(s).
- Provide recommendations to client leadership and product management teams, on matters such as promotional success, strategic brand management, and merchandising/plan-o-gramming, based on market research analysis.
- Develop a strong comprehension of how the manufacturer/retailer relationships, as well as the B2B channel drive technology business, and assist the client and their customer in obtaining market share while also advancing NPD’s reputation, position and growth.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to ensure success for team and company.
- Deliver and take ownership of revenue growth for assigned clients within NPD’s Technology Practice Areas.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of experience within client services, account management or sales.
- Ability to synthesize data and develop insights and actionable recommendations using multiple data sources, including POS, receipt, and consumer panel data.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a comfort level presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Proven history of exceeding revenue goals, negotiation, and closing the sale.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Prior experience within the B2B channel helpful but not required
- Travel typically 15-20%.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.