Account Manager, Client Development Retail Business Group
You're a driven and highly motivated individual who's looking for an opportunity to have an impact on one of the most well-known retail companies in the world. This integral member of the Retail Business Group will report directly to the Executive Director, Client Development. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions, this job is for you! Have an impact on the clients and industry you're passionate about!
The Account Manager is a key player responsible for NPD’s relationship with a major retailer within the automotive aftermarket industry. The person understands the strategic vision of what NPD and the client are hoping to accomplish in their business and proactively finds opportunities to apply NPD information to address the client’s business issues.
The individual will be viewed as a trusted advisor at the client impacting their business decisions. Responsibilities include information analysis, delivering actionable insights, presentations, highlighting new capabilities, building new relationships, training and identifying revenue opportunities.
This position will be located on-site at the retailer’s headquarters in Memphis, TN.
- Enhance NPD’s connection with a major retailer in multiple categories. Manage and implement strategic approach to client, developing relationships, creating business insights and supporting day-to-day needs.
- Create high client satisfaction through setting expectation and providing excellent customer service.
- Respond to client requests for insights, by using existing databases, providing analyses, leveraging industry knowledge and tracking results.
- Demonstrate usage of retail point-of-sale scanner data and consumer panel data to objectively partner with the retailer to help them grow their business and gain market share.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting to provide increased value and gain efficiencies while integrating NPD data into client’s decision-making processes.
- Enhance manufacturer and retailer collaboration through the use of NPD Account Level Reports (ALRs) in line reviews and joint business planning to benefit retailer as needed.
- Broaden the user base of NPD data through the effective demonstration of how NPD data can help accomplish the client’s goals.
- Build strong, ongoing relationships with all levels of management at account.
- Evaluate how NPD’s products and services can address key business issues and introduce new products to clients as needed.
- Handle inquiries around methodology and data validation across business areas.
- Train contacts on usage of NPD data and NPD delivery systems.
- Leverage NPD Industry Analysts, Business Units and Corporate resources to improve the overall insights derived from NPD data.
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing market research, account management, consumer insights, category management or related role. Business development experience desirable. Retailexperience a plus.
- Deep understanding of how category point-of-sale scanner data and consumer panel data can be used to identify business building opportunities for clients
- Proficient in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Very strong Excel skills a must.
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights using POS scanner and consumer panel data.
- Analytical skills. Able to digest diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories in written document and verbal discussions.
- Exceptional organizational and project management/prioritization skills; ability to learn and juggle knowledge about multiple data sources and category/industry nuances.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable managing expectations of multiple clients and client teams. Able to negotiate to achieve desired goals.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Views ongoing change as an opportunity for process improvement.
- Ability to generate/support creative ideas and effectively sell those ideas.
- Experience with syndicated data sources and retrieval tools.
- Ability to travel, typically <10%.
- BA/BS required.