The Account Manager will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth for the company’s sales of product lines to assigned channels (OEMs, End Users, Contractors, Manufacturers/Fabricators, Architectural, Engineering and Designers, Distributors, and Independent Representatives) within his/her designated territory of Southwest USA states.
This position will require taking a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on penetrating/converting strategic competitive accounts.
In addition, the Account Manager must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. Market Segments include Hospitality, Commercial/Retail, Sports, Consumer, Industrial and Marine.
• Selling the company’s product-line to clients with focus on the customized solutions (value proposition) in order to meet yearly sales objectives.
• Establish and maintain close contact with customers to insure customer satisfaction and relationship.
• Develop annual performance based sales plans by sub-markets to support the company’s financial and sales goals. Budgeting.
• Must continuously work to establish new customers and grows sales to increase market penetration.
• Manage the sales cycle and forecast, from specification to completion.
• Propose new products and adjustments to existing lines to meet customer needs.
• Prepare technical proposals, quotations and communicate clearly and concisely through professional presentations to customers.
• Prepare reports as needed or requested.
• Work in a team concept and build trusting relationships with internal staff, customers, manufacturers/fabricators, engineers, architects and designers as needed.
• Be a major contributor to the company’s goals and significantly support the mission.
• Utilize CRM, social networking and online research to maximize opportunities; keep the team informed on projects and track results.
Experience/ Skills Required
To be successful in this position the right candidate must possess and effectively demonstrate the following skills:
• Minimum 3-5 years field and technical salesexperience in building or industrial materials, performance coatings, flooring, solar protection, electrical devices or similar industries.
• Strong account management, client interface and presentation skills both verbally and in writing.
• Must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct with yourself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
• Must have the ability to prospectsell and close at multiple levels. Effective negotiation and closing techniques.
• Must be organized, possess time management skills and high attention to detail.
• Technical and analytical skills are paramount to success in this position.
• Must feel comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an international organization working with the various channels.
• Experience with Microsoft Office. • 50% travel and events. Occasionally travel may be as much as 75%.