The Account Manager – Environmental is responsible to grow new accounts and expand and/or maintain existing accounts for the assigned specified book of business.
Actively manage a territory and interact with key internal and external business associates including their Sales manager, Corporate Account Managers, the Shared Service (Customer Service/Ops) Team, and Accounting (Tax & Collections) to efficiently and effectively support and fulfill our customer needs.
Works closely with the Sales Manager to develop the strategy of their territory, to maximize sales and profitability of their assigned territory.
Develops and implements effective sales plans, prospect identification, sales activity and account management to develop and protect their assigned territory.
Accountable for managing territory from order to cash payment including price management, pricing recommendations, account setup process and managing receivables.
Provides concise feedback to Sales Management regarding market activity, competitive pricing activity and feedback on special price support.
Sells deep into a key account organization by developing multiple contacts at various levels of management and within various functional groups (e.g. safety, operations, purchasing,).
Expected to maintain an organized territory by providing manager with weekly itinerary and on-time expense report submission; actively manages customer pricing files, follows all assigned administrative procedures and special projects as requested.
Utilizes discretion with company funds for entertainment and travel as outlined in the Company Travel and Expense policies.
Participate in environmental networking groups and/or trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5+ years industry or relevant experience
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of all site and technical service line of business.
- Maintain ability to work with little or no supervision. Maintain ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain professional appearance. Must have excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Maintain knowledge of State & Federal Waste Codes Regulations.
- Experience working within a CRM
- Experience working with Microsoft office products