About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Our Cineplex Media division currently has an opening for the position of Account Manager, Cineplex Magazine , reporting to the Executive Director, Sales. This opportunity is located at our Cineplex Media office at 102 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto.
The Account Manager will work to maximize sales of advertising in Cineplex Magazine directly to retail clients. We are seeking a dynamic salesperson who will use established sales skills to develop a solid customer base and continuously target new customers. With 3.9 million readers per issue, Cineplex Magazine is the second most popular magazine in Canada and the #1 magazine in Canada with readers aged 12 to 54. The compensation model is a base salary plus commission and bonuses on sales in the assigned territory.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:•
- Maintain close relationships with existing clients and sustain client loyalty to the Cineplex brand •
- Extend the existing client base through the identification and pursuit of new clients •
- Adopt aggressive strategies to meet or exceed assigned sales targets •
- Prospect advertising leads and ideas from other publications •
- Proactively communicate account and sales information to management •
- Ensure that all prospective clients, their programs, products, and advertising media reflect and support the image and values of the Cineplex brand. •
- Complete daily reports of all call activity in our CRM •
- Ensure customer satisfaction by developing solid relationships with accounts •
- Provide frequent and consistent advertising sales updates to supervisor
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of experience in consumer print ad sales in the GTA
- Passion for the media and advertising industry
- Love for innovation and creativity
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Solid client contacts
- Proven track record of sustained sales success
- Self-motivated, constantly seeking challenges and striving for self-improvement
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Superior computer skills (proficiency in MS Office)
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Proficient typing skills with good grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must be comfortable cold-calling and effectively communicating with and presenting to decision makers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and be able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Valid driver's license and ownership of vehicle.