At CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society, we are scientists, technologists and business leaders who continuously and passionately pursue new knowledge in our quest to fuel scientific discovery and empower innovation.?
Dedicated to the ACS vision of improving people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry, the CAS team of highly trained scientists finds, collects and organizes all publicly disclosed substance information, creating the world’s most reliable collection of content that is vital to innovation worldwide.? CAS provides a suite of solutions relied on by researchers, patent professionals and decision-makers around the world that advance the scientific enterprise by enabling discovery and facilitating workflows.
CAS is currently seeking an Account Manager for the Eastern Region of the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science related fields, business, communications or other related disciplines
- 5 or more years of sales related experience including lead generation, inside and outside sales, business development, customer service
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objectives and territory/account development
- Experience leveraging LinkedIn and other prospecting tools
- Experience selling science related solutions and/or information/intellectual property
- Strong capacity to articulate industry-specific value proposition to address customer pain points
- 2 years’ experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated experience with virtual selling tools such as GoToMeeting, Web-Ex and other comparable tools
The Account Manager is accountable for profitable achievement of sales objectives for existing accounts in an assigned territory by identifying opportunities to grow, retain, cross-sell and penetrate the customer utilizing the product portfolio and services.