Our client is a global leader in the development of spice and herb extracts, natural colors, antioxidants and hop extracts for the food, beverage, nutritional and pharmaceutical markets! We have been retained to find a talented Sales Account Manager. This is a remote based role in the Southeast.
Protect and grow assigned accounts through consultative and strategic selling techniques and prospecting for new profitable accounts. The main objective is to obtain new sales for company’s product lines, meeting both face to face and virtually with key buying influencers and demonstrating the value of company solutions through end use-application presentations and demonstrations as well as negotiating to maintain current and new business with ingredient buyers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary contact for assigned accounts. In essence, the “face” of company with these accounts.
- Responsible for sales volume and gross margin growth with each customer on products by the development and execution of a strategic business plan for your customers and geography aligned with national initiatives and campaigns. In collaboration with internal and external cross functional team members lead sales efforts to meet or exceed goals.
- Maintain current customers and develop new customers always striving to increase the quality of communication between company and assigned customers. Frequent review of contracts, agreements, price quotes, sales revenue and budget vs. actual sales.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops as assigned, keeping a technical journal, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Proficient in the delivery of customized presentations to key accounts. Responsible for determining the presentation objective and managing the planning of resources needed in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Strive for greatest possible coverage with assigned accounts by using direct sales contacts and leveraging relationships for new contact introductions.
- Continually gather and assess information on pricing, product quality, applications, changing trends, economic indicators and competitive activity.
- Develop annual forecasts for assigned accounts and utilize with supervisor to establish sales objectives to meet individual and company goals.
- Maintain clear records of activity with each account including projects and their progression, correspondence, contacts and opportunities in Salesforce.com.
- Actively build sales opportunities pipeline to match assigned budget revenue (or higher) and drive opportunities from initial identification and qualification to sales fruition and closure through all stages in Salesforce.com. Actively communicate progress of projects and changes in demand with the relevant internal contacts. Use your initiative in prospecting activities and work with the marketing team as needed to ensure pipeline growth to meet assigned KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum five years of relevant industrial food ingredient selling experience.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills. Success in building relationships with professionals at all organizational levels with internal and external customers.
- Strong team player.
- Intermediate level or greater experience in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Team, Zoom, Salesforce (SFDC), LinkedIn.
- Open to travel; roughly 50%.