The Account Manager is primarily responsible for the growth of all accounts in the territory. The responsibilities include driving growth at existing accounts, nurturing and fostering deep customer intimacy, positioning Caris as the sole source for all relevant tumor profiling, and supporting the Molecular Oncology Specialist in acquiring new accounts within the assigned territory, including identifying and establishing prospective accounts. This role is also responsible for ensuring customer expectations are exceeded on all orders from initial generation to receipt of lab report. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years sales experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or diagnostic industry with demonstrated success in account management, upselling, cross-selling, and driving organic growth at existing accounts.
- Work closely with Customers, Client Service Partners, Molecular Oncology Specialists (MOSs), Regional Business Directors, and other support personnel to provide the highest level of customer support and satisfaction
- Regularly and consistently calls on customers to introduce and promote assigned Caris solutions including Molecular Intelligence testing, technology interfaces, physician consultations, etc
- Successfully executes customer retention
- Interacts with existing customers to “Add Value” resulting in increased sales and service to clients
- Evaluates current and prospective customer sites and prepares strategies & programs to improve revenue, costs, and productivity
- Ability to present and demonstrate different Caris technology solutions
- Establish a frequent communication schedule with MOSs, Client Services and management to exchange client feedback, success stories, challenges and best-practices
- Provide appropriate value customer information and updates via CRM
- Develop and maintain “practical” knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key personnel in assigned accounts and escalate issues when customer satisfaction is jeopardized
- Maintain all assigned company assets including laptop computer, iPhone, etc
- Submit all necessary paperwork, including travel itineraries, trip reports, activity reports, monthly reports, expense, and service reports, as required, accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrates “practical” knowledge of molecular profiling technology solutions and competitive strategies through the use of company resources, marketing material, sales brochures and on the job experience
- Meet all assigned targets and goals set by management
- Provide meeting and trade show support as required
- Supports physicians with the complexity of the ordering and interpretation of the CMI platform, and QC report quality/accuracy which may require access to detailed protected health information (PHI)
- Engages with on-site hospital billing department to follow-up on specific claim details to support proper hospital payment as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience of 3+ years of successful Sales and/or Account Management experience is required
- Demonstrated decision-making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co-workers and customers
- General understanding of business policies and practices
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of proprietary software programs
- Conditions of Employment: Individuals must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening, and reference verification.
- Pharma, Medical Device, or Diagnostic experience
- Oncology experience
Annual Hiring Range
$90,000 - $115,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
- Must possess the ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- May be required to lift routine office supplies and use standard office equipment
- All job specific, safety, and compliance training are assigned based on the job functions associated with this employee.
- This position requires periodic travel and some evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.