The Cardiothoracic Account Manager I provide strategic account management and expertise with respect to MAQUET products, to promote sales opportunities in the assigned territory. The position assists in the sales process and partners with the implementation team to ensure successful client outcomes. The position also manages, sells and promotes company products within the defined geographic territory, by focusing on key accounts and expanding the usage of company products in current accounts.
- Serve as a key business partner to MAQUET clients in the field and develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Proactively understand customer needs and when complaints arise regarding products, develops creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Determine the needs of the client (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which MAQUET products can best address their specific needs.
- Observe actual procedures in the operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Develop business plans on a regular basis that identifies the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Territory Manager/Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- Establish and maintain a business climate that fosters positive and cooperative working relationships with customers, and all MAQUET personnel, Resolve problems that may develop to the mutual benefit of the customer and MAQUET.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by MAQUET policies, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Sell solutions and products during regular visits with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Able to adopt the “Beyond Compliance Quality Culture” in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
- Able to practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (as applicable to your job function).
- If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- Able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
- The position requires travel of approximately 50% or more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years applicable clinical experience, and/or medical salesexperience which includes direct selling to physicians and hospitals.
- Demonstrated record of success or achievement in sales or clinical positions.
- Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual basis.
- Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory’s objectives are achieved.
- Must perform this job in a quality system environment, ensuring compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Ability to influence middle management and external customers on technical as well as new business solutions.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May lead a project team and participate in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Req Id 9406