The Account Manager role provides consultativesupport and project management skills to Account Executives and National accounts. The role isresponsible for ensuring clients’ needs are metwith respect to all aspects of the ongoing management, renewal,reporting and analysis and process improvements to ensure the smooth operation of the accounts in their territory. Utilizing a firm understanding of thesales strategy and capabilities, business acumen, and strong client relation skills, the Account Manager plays a critical role in the successful planning and implementation of the account andsales strategy. The roleinteractswith all levels of management in the division and requires the ability to interface across the organization. This position willreport tothe Senior Account Service Manager.
- Actively collaborates with the Account Executive to support the execution the account strategy end to end as it pertains to product offerings, technology solutions and consumer tools.
- Project manager for internal and external deliverables related to the ongoing management of moderate to complex accounts (E-Bill, microsite, service numbers, account prefixes, group structure, etc). This includes managing all aspects of set up (in collaboration with the Implementation Manager) of account-specific processes as well as keeping internal ops areas on track
- Responsible for outlining benefit variances relative to the renewal including ensuring accuracy of benefits of accounts, verification of customer request/intent, confirmation of benefits withconsultant/customer. Final ownership of accurate benefit literature
- Initiates and manages ad hoc and standard reporting needs of the client – (interpretation of client’s needs and order the correct report) partners with and develops external communication planwith AE (specific to reporting)
- Partners with AE, Sales Communication and/or Marketing to create and deliver account specific communications to the client
- Works collaboratively as a point of contact to resolve complex issues related to major service incidents
- Participation in pertinent customer facing meetings such as Renewal meetings, Performance Guarantees Quarterly Meetings
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Business Operations leadership to identify and perform root cause analyses and develop recommendations for highly escalated account issues
- Works with AE in creating account specific communications to the client
- Recommends and initiates process improvement solutions to enhance the overall service experience for accounts, consultants and brokers
- Conduct presentations to a variety of audiences including members, brokers and accounts on BCBS products and services both in and out-of-state
- Leadership - demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills; an ability to establish and lead cross-functional teams, work independently, make educated decisions, and take calculated risks
- Relationship Building Skills - strong interpersonal and business skills that build client and consultant confidence and loyalty
- Strong Client Management Skills
- Time Management Skills – planning, organizing, prioritizing and follow-up skills
- Presentation Delivery and Development Skills –client presentation experience and proficiency in programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Communication Skills – strong written and verbal communication skills are required to clearly articulate business needs and capabilities to internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and critically
- Possess 7-10 years' professional business experience in healthcare operations, sales or service
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent work experience in a sales or service position
- Prior sales or consulting experience a plus
- Driver’s license and car required