The role of the Account Manager for Pharma Processing Americas is to continually and consistently increase MilliporeSigma’s market share and revenues by collaborating with customers to solve their unique challenges; maintain existing business; and identify new business opportunities. As a member of the Pharma Processing Americas team, you will sell a broad portfolio of GMP products including raw materials, filtration and purification technologies, single-use and multi-use process technologies, and services to biopharmaceutical customers. You will create value for both the customer and MilliporeSigma. You will strategically manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth. 50-60% travel within territory (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement with occasional international travel. The role responsibilities are:
- Ensure that quarterly and annual targets & goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Identify your customers’ needs, goals, and/or challenges and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of MilliporeSigma products, services, and expertise.
- Provide accurate and detailed forecasts for your territory.
- Utilize sales tools regularly (CRM, social media, literature, etc.).
- Complete all required training on a timely basis.
- Work collaboratively with business partners including customer service, technical service, field marketing, technology management, demand planning and others.
- Attend and support tradeshows.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- 3+ years of Bio process technology operations, or process manufacturing development or engineering experience in life science.
- Prior sales experience in the Life Sciences environment
- Understands biopharmaceutical drug production processes and unit operations.
- Has a natural affinity to listen, influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships, credibility, and trust.
- Is self-motivated, assertive; takes initiative and works independently.
- Utilizes effective negotiation skills; generates results with positive outcomes for both parties.