Summary of this Opportunity:
We are seeking professional salespersons with the ability to develop accounts in heavy industrial and energy markets with high potential for repeat business. Barnhart is among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 40 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed. We provide transportation and lifting services to move large components via road, rail and water and we work within all types of operating industrial and energy facilities to remove and replace major machinery that require special tools, skills and innovation.
Job Description (Purpose):
- Establish relationships with key decision makers at 2-5 key accounts with long term focus
- Leverage relationships to generate opportunities at customer plant sites
- Develop new business in all divisions of assigned accounts (account penetration)
- Increase Barnhart revenue and profitability in assigned accounts
- Construct and execute a strategic sales plan for each assigned account
- Develop strategies and tactics to penetrate targeted accounts
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Company Vehicle
- Company Computer and Phone
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Significant positive impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record of business development results including prospecting new business and closing profitable work.
- Skilled in identifying, approaching, presenting and building relationships with decision makers within a complex sales environment. Must be comfortable with all levels from field craft to executives.
- Mechanically inclined with basic understanding of machinery, heavy construction and basic principles of industrial project flow. Basic math and geometry are necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of or ability to learn IFS (ERP/CRM).
- Requires frequent geographical travel, and job site surveys including time outdoors and climbing. Must pass a fit for duty exam.
Education – Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or sufficient experience required.
Experience – 7-10 years sales experience; industrial or construction sales preferred, with a minimum of 3 years industry related experience, along with the skills to be self-starting and self-motivated sales professional.