TomTom is a world leader in navigation software development. Recognized as the trusted partner for innovation and future-proof navigation technology for the global automotive industry, TomTom offers modular navigation software components that enable OEMs to bring a customized, upgradeable and seamless connected navigation experiences to end users. TomTom creates all the necessary navigation components: real-time maps, navigation software and connected services. These components are available separately, or pre-integrated in a complete Connected Navigation System. They are market-tested, configurable and upgradeable giving OEMs and Tier1s the best of both worlds in terms of flexibility, cost-effectiveness, modularity and time-to-market.
Installed in millions of cars, these great car brands already integrate TomTom navigation components: Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Ford, Nissan, GM and many more.
Where do you want to be?
TomTom is looking for ambitious and self-motivated Account Managers to join our Automotive Business Unit team in Detroit. The responsibilities of this role will be to support Sr. Account Managers who are actively pursuing large customers, as well as to qualify new opportunities within targeted accounts. The right person for this role will have experience working the full sales cycle from prospect to close and will be comfortable selling technical products to OEM’s and Tier 1 customers in the automotive industry.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Promote and evangelize TomTom product offerings during client meetings at assigned accounts
- Support global account efforts while working with internal account teams
- Navigate Automotive Business Unit to develop successful internal collaboration supporting business goals
- Develop relationships with Product Units ( SD Maps, HD Maps, TTi, Navigation ) to ensure North American market needs are addressed
- Lead opportunities through deal review process
- Develop sales strategy and account plan
- Utilize skills as both a hunter and farmer to secure business at new and existing accounts
- Meet/exceed booking and revenue targets
- Participate at industry events to promote TomTom brand awareness
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as an Account Manager, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Engineering or Computer Science
- 5 years of sales experience to include software/technology
- Experience and passion selling into the automotive market
- Experience using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Confident and goal oriented sales leader with initiative and a positive attitude
- Ability to travel
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment where team work and creative ideas are nurtured.
- The opportunity to work with passionate colleagues from different countries.
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually.
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401(k).