- Manage an assigned sales territory and serve as the primary contact point with customers.
- Improve profitability of territory through growth in market share and gross margin, achieve productivity improvements, and utilize technical expertise and talents.
- Develop current customer base and establishes new customers.
- Promote product initiatives and services by making regular sales calls.
- Handle customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services.
- Keep current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and processes, update customers on new products, and attend product and selling skills seminars.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with customers, technical sales resources, and suppliers.
- Maintain productive relationship with customer service associates through positive team work, lead by example, and communicate information on new products and processes.
- Proactively engage customer service team in relationships with customers.
- Works with customers to identify cost savings opportunities and provides documentation of these via the KIT Documented Savings program, maintains records of Documented Savings for all accounts, and proactively seek these opportunities and meets all obligations.
- Analyzes sales performance, keep company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities, and submits reports to management on a timely basis.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers; ensures proactive engagement and account development activities with all assigned accounts.
- Report activities of the sales territory on a monthly basis to the Regional Sales Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years inside/outside sales experience in industrial distribution.
- Experience selling Industrial products such as power transmission, electrical, electro/mechanical, and fluid power products or allied industry products.
Skills/Abilities Essential to Position:
- Excellent networking, prospecting and closing skills.
- Ability to handle customers’ on-site inquiries, recommending better applications, design & product improvements.
- Act as an active member and participant in business organizations and networking events within the community.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills.
- Proven track record of high sales performance, including meeting/exceeding sales targets, or very recognizable sales skills with potential to enhance.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High level of comfort in communicating with every level of an organization from top level executives to field personnel.
- Ability and desire to learn technically complex products, demonstrated by prior success at Leviton or highly technical experience in a similar industry.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time visiting current and prospect clients.
- Valid driver’s license required.
As a growing company and an industry leader, we offer a very comprehensive compensation package and benefit program to include:
- Generous base and incentive bonus
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- Employee discounted Stock Purchase Plan
- 100% tax free tuition reimbursement.
Requisition # 6882