$80K — $100K *
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Aerospace and Defense is looking for a results-driven Account Manager to join our sales team.
This position will be home based and located in Southeastern US.
Successful candidate will manage a sales territory. Execute the sales function within the assigned area of responsibility and exceed customer expectations for service and support.
• Develop and achieve the annual sales budget for assigned accounts.
• Identify and capture growth opportunities that support growth strategies.
• Update rolling forecast monthly and report on variances.
• Lead the proposal process for assigned accounts. Obtain competitive, cost and other information required to develop the selling strategy and obtain management approval for the proposal. Work within the parameters of the quotation process to recommend and establish target-selling prices and obtain necessary approvals. This includes compiling the supporting data, pricing strategy, raw material supply plan, and contractual framework required to develop the proposal for complex multi-year proposals. Monthly follow-up and reporting on the status of key quotations and proposals. Communicate the outcome of negotiations. Ensure that contract copies are appropriately documented, approved and distributed.
• Maintain a sales contract file on all long-term agreements that includes: customer request for proposal, profitability analysis, contract volume projections, negotiation strategy, approval sheet, memorandum of agreement, contract, and contract amendments.
• Assess customer information in order to anticipate changes that could affect sales revenues and budget plans. Develop and implement the subsequent proactive strategies or responses as appropriate.
• Manage demand within capacity constraints as agreed with market segment and product line teams.
• Manage commercial project assignments to meet agreed milestone dates and deliver targeted results.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree required, preferably in engineering or technical related field with an MBA a plus.
• At least five years of direct sales or account/relationship management experience
• Composites and/or aerospace sales experience with major OEM airframe manufacturers or suppliers required.
• Experience with development of strategic account plans.
• Demonstrated selling skills including negotiating and relationship building with strong customer focus.
• Previous experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to lead quote development teams, including understanding costs and price development, and lead complex sales proposals and transactions
• Experience working effectively with technical teams and products
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely and make presentations to internal and external executive management.
• Self-directed, self-starter with demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• Well developed planning and strategic thinking skills
• Project management and leadership skills and the ability to lead cross functional teams
• Good proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to progress to higher levels of responsibility
• Ability to travel 25-50%
Valid through: 11/11/2021
$80K — $100K *
$80K — $100K *
21 days ago