As an Account Manager you start to handle larger and more complex renewals. You own driving the renewal to completion. You partner with the sales team and CS team to develop a renewals strategy for every customer. You build quotes, review contract terms, negotiate pricing, look for up-sell opportunities, and handle objections. You will be measured on attrition amount, incremental ACV (annual contract value) of your contracts, qualified new business opportunity, renewal rate, on-time renewals and ability to negotiate favorable terms.
•Drive all managed renewals thoroughly in assigned territory by identify risk as early as possible as well as generating revenue growth opportunity.
• Achieve or exceed monthly renewal targets and provide senior management with an accurate forecast and risk analysis of all assigned accounts with in your team
• Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing the customer relationship
• Build strong working relationships across Sales and CS Leadership
• Closely monitor at risk accounts. Work with Customer Success, Support, and Services leadership to resolve customer issues and help remove barriers for the team
• Serve as point of escalation for critical customer issues; provide summary of the overall 'health' of the account and use of our services
• Answer customer questions and successfully negotiate issues related to renewal contracts
• Attend and lead weekly/monthly calls to discuss renewal forecast, top renewals, at risk accounts
• Help develop and educate renewal best practices across the team
• Maximize account growth opportunities by playing an active role on the account team and helping to identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal
• Own, drive and manage the renewals process in collaboration with the account team
• Work with internal resources (Marketing, Pricing, Product Mgmt, Customer Success, Account Executives, etc...) to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies for renewals
• Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure
• Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
• Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies
• Accurately maintain a rolling 90 day forecast of renewals
Required Skills/ Experience:
• College degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of relevant experience (preferably sales/account management/renewals experience from a SaaS, software or solution selling industry.
• Vast knowledge or experience of Business Application (Marketing Automation experience as user/sales/support is preferable)
• Fundamental understanding of SaaS product solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Considerable interpersonal skills are mandatory, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Strong negotiation skills that allow for value-based contract negotiations at the CXO level
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to oversee and manage Act-On renewal forecast, helping the team manage all renewal opportunities appropriately
• Knowledge of restructuring contract term and condition relating legal, finance and billing
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Apps)