ABB is seeking a Account Manager for its Phoenix, Arizona district. The Account Manager will develop, implement and manage the account(s) strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. Coordinate the sales activities and manage resolution of specific customer problems.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participates in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
• Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process.
• Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
• Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims. Plans, facilitates and conducts customer negotiations.
• Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
• Sells products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Unit.
• Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
• Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements). Communicates details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
• Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts.
• Bachelor’s of Arts or Bachelor’s of Science and minimum of 7 years of sales experience in industrial, business to business selling assignments OR
• Associate’s Degree and minimum of 9 years of sales experience in industrial, business to business selling assignments OR
• High School Diploma and minimum of 11 years of sales experience in industrial, business to business selling assignments
• Direct sales experience in the electrical industry
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated strong verbal/written and presentation skills to all levels in an organization
• Demonstrated strong problem solving, selling and negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and manage time
• Technical aptitude
• Broad business acumen, ability to plan and execute on plans
• Ability to work extended hours on occasion when required, which might include weekends
• Ability to mentor/train new sales representatives
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace