ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet or exceed sales targets and other performance objectives.
- Communicate priority for customer requirements to all functions.
- Provide solution selling methodology and communicate the value proposition of the company and offering.
- Provide market intelligence and information to help in value pricing and selling.
- Gain organic growth through closing business at new accounts and additional business at existing customers.
- Prospect, identify and develop customers and sales opportunities as defined to meet the goals of the Business unit.
- Collaborate with other departments to maximize utilization of resources to provide solutions to the customer.
- Cross sell at every opportunity or encourage access for other representatives to cross sell.
- Provide cost savings through information gathering and properly utilizing company resources.
- Improve safety through education and example.
- Accurate and timely submission of requiredreports including the sales funnel, sales forecast, and visit reports.
- Maintain customer contact information via the Company’s CRM software.
- Communicate closely with internal support functions (i.e., technical, customer service, credit, marketing, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good math, reading, and writing skills
- Good business sense and an understanding of manufacturing operations
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma – minimum
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, or Technical field preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling in the polymer industry, preferably additive and white masterbatch
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Self-motivated, problem-solver, capable of managing multiple projects, a team-player that enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Goal and results oriented; consistently acts with a sense of urgency and drives execution.
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead commercial programs resulting in substantial profitable revenue growth.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Open minded and willing to learn and expand current skill-set.
- Demonstrates ethical and moral behavior; unquestionable integrity and character.
- Cross cultural awareness.