Description: Responsible for retention, increased membership, and the sale of new products and services for existing accounts in assigned book of business to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our opportunities across book of business. Develops and implements marketing/account/book of business strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanente's position in the market. Leads the work of account teams and account support to ensure the execution of effective sales strategies. Develops strategic partnerships to optimize account growth.
- Leads the collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Identifies membership growth, retention and expansion opportunities through analysis of customers' business objectives, their industries, and the dynamics of the health care market.
- Develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and protect against losses.
- Identifies, capitalizes and closes on cross sell opportunities.
- Identifies and communicates early indicators of risks and opportunities within the region.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Develops 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Leads and manages the account team in prioritizing and targeting accounts, developing specific account plans and directing daily activities to achieve account goals.
- Develops and executes strategy and account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals and optimal positioning including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Provides analysis and makes recommendations to help facilitate senior leadership's involvement in strategic plans.
- Strengthens KP's competitive position in the marketplace.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve business relationships with customers to optimize growth potential.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive relationships with brokers and/or consultants.
- Builds and maintains broker/channelpartnerships to increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with internal departments.
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components of strategy/offering.
- Develops and executes account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals.
- Proficiently leverages use of support staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management. If Occupational Health (CA):
- Develops ongoing strategies and engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the health care industry.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Minimum five (5) years of experience in workers' compensationprocesses, products, and contracts. Education
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration,risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance. License, Certification, Registration
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective account management skills.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Complete understanding of and experience with employee group benefits.
- Knowledge of health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to workers' compensation services, policies and procedures.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Knowledge of occupational health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts or Stockton Telesales: All applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- If Medicare Sales Representative/Sales Managers/Enrollers: No license requirement.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsibleexperience actively participating within the account management team to identify barriers and build a successful strategic planning to advance relationship and goals.
- Four (4) years of experienceworking with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation.
- Four (4) years of experience in underwritingprocesses, healthcare products, and contracts.
- If Labor and Trust: Two (2) years of experienceworking with organized labor.
- If Labor and Trust: Two (2) years of experience in account management within the Labor and Trust market segment within a health plan.
- If Labor and Trust: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.