Arcadis is seeking dynamic and energetic leaders to develop, manage and grow our profitable business with key Chemical, Manufacturing, O&G, and Commercial clients. In this growth focused role, the Account Leader is a key member of the Client Development team and is critical to the success of our business nationwide and globally. The Account Leader requires a high level of ownership and commitment focusing on our people and on delivering profitable growth, excellence, and client success to create sustainable outcomes and to improve the quality of life.
Working with the Market Sector Leaders, the Account Leader will be responsible for developing the account strategy, driving significant, profitable growth, and lead the account team in pursuing and delivering diversified services ranging from design and engineering, construction management, to remediation, EHS compliance, etc.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operating as the lead point of contact between Arcadis and the client company as well as leading Arcadis’ client account team.
- Creating a trusted advisor relationship with key clients at all levels within the client’s organization including with senior executives, both directly and through the Arcadis account team. Understanding the client’s needs and aligning Arcadis capabilities to identifying and create new opportunities and to solve the clients’ needs.
- Identifying, pursuing and capturing opportunities for environmental, engineering and construction solutions to meet the client’s needs. Buildings strong propositions/proposals and understanding market conditions and our competitors
- Overseeing Arcadis’ overall account management, including negotiating contracts, closing opportunities, supporting delivery and resolving issues.
- Improving the client’s customer experienceworking with Arcadis.
- Providing strong leadership to the team and have a clear understanding of and extensive experience with the client and the sector and be able to understand Arcadis’ capabilities.
- 15+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or related field.
- Connecting with people at all levels of the Arcadis organization and across a wide-range of technical backgrounds including the ability to mentor and develop our people. Also, coordinating and collaborating with other parts of the organization, including other Market Sectors and client account teams, legal, corporate services, Service Lines and the leadership in other geographies. Strong communication skills.
- Building relationships with the client to both pursue and deliver services. Understanding the client’s needs as well as the needs of the sector.
- Understanding Arcadis’ core Value Propositions and the diverse range of services Arcadis offers to the market, especially those most important to each sector, and how to sell and deliver these propositions/services.
- Thinking strategically and the ability to build and deliver a strategic account plan. Experience building market facing propositions and understanding client needs to frame the services we offer and how we deliver those services.
- Building functional and successful teams with a focus on continuous improvement and with the ability to identify growth opportunities. A willingness to challenge the status quo
- Proving experienced business management and oversight including forecasting and management of account financial performance.
- Providing visible health & safety stewardship.
- This position reports to directly to Arcadis’ Market Sector Leader.
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.