ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grows existing customer business to meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals by promoting products to nurse executives and C-level contacts; contacting or meeting with existing clients in sufficient volume and with appropriate regularity to stay informed of their business needs and the value provided by existing Wolters Kluwer solutions; identifying new business units within the client organization for which Wolters Kluwer can provide products and services; seeking introductions to other customer staff; expanding usage or selling modified or upgraded solutions to meet current or future client needs; updating Salesforce CRM database in accordance with timing and content standards.
- Successfully manage contract renewals process for existing customers by effectively planning for each customer renewal and working closely with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes. As part of this process, the account executive will be expected to conduct annual business reviews with customer’s leadership stakeholders and explore opportunities to upsell customers’ existing product subscriptions.
- Learns full line of Lippincott Solutions products including value proposition, features, benefits, pricing, intended use, and competitive position in order to effectively serve clients by attending and engaging fully in product training sessions; studying information provided by product management and marketing in timely manner until mastered; working with actual products to establish and maintain competence in demonstrating and using them; researching and learning how the products fit into customers’ processes and contribute to their business performance; reviewing competitor information to be able to compare and contrast them with WK products; and developing awareness and basic knowledge of other WK products within separate divisions that may contribute to selling success.
- Manages time and resources effectively to accomplish sales goals by planning for and scheduling all required sales activity in proper ratios (e.g., cold calls to in-person meetings); grouping activities logically (e.g., in-person meeting in the same locale on the same or consecutive days); conducting non-selling activities (expense reports, order processing, updating Salesforce, e-mail) outside prime selling time; staying organized and ensuring laptop, wireless connectivity and other infrastructure elements of the sales process are operating properly at all times; troubleshooting and correcting technical issues when they arise; incorporating knowledge of industry trends/cycles on results; considering and incorporating customer constraints that can slow sales cycles into planning (e.g., providing lunch for clients during product demonstrations in order to secure more high impact meetings quickly); and tracking activities and resource utilization in accordance with standards.
- Represents the “voice of the customer” to marketing and product teams by capturing regularly occurring or leading-edge customer requests that are garnered through the sales process; consolidating requests and sharing information with Product and Marketing staff to contribute to product and marketing strategy and execution; prospecting editorial opportunities for new products.; working with Marketing to design, launch and manage sales events, contests and other special promotions; tracking prospect list quality; and securing and disseminating accurate competitive product information to sales reps so they can respond appropriately to questions and emphasize Wolters Kluwer product benefits.
- Represents Wolters Kluwer by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative; communicating Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation; behaving in ways that demonstrate corporate core values and culture; developing professional and positive relationships with customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Contributes to sales forecasting, including maintaining accurate and complete information in Salesforce, estimating sales pipeline probabilities, and compiling information into regular reports as requested.
- Collaborates with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field; OR, if no degree, 5 years field B2B sales experience for non-manufacturing/non-agriculture product/services.
5 years of field based B2B sales experience, including:
- Developing and qualifying prospect lists.
- Making in-person presentations to existing clients to explain the business’ products and services and their alignment with the client’s needs.
- Using online presentation tools.
- Consistent achievement of sales quotas.
- Troubleshooting and solving technical issues (connectivity, hardware, and software).
10 years of field B2B sales experience, including:
- Working within a multi-division organization with various sales channels.
- Selling to licensed and regulated professionals -- nursing in particular.
- Selling to C-Suite contacts with a high level of professionalism.
- Successfully managing long/complex sales cycles (6 – 24 months).
- Consultative sales approach.
- Technical or on-line solutions sales.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Proficient knowledge around sales process and activities.
- Territory management, opportunity management, call-planning activities.
- English language.
- Online clinical knowledge systems and e-learning courseware.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Tools and process enabling remote connection to internal systems.
- Sales management software; Salesforce in particular.
Travel Requirements: local and national travel of 50% of work time to customer/prospect offices and/or national conferences.
Physical Demands: work from dedicated home office.