The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for developing and closing new business (use cases) within the core vertical market in an assigned geographic territory. This AE will acquire new customers and sell additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. Ultimately, the AE is accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated self-starters, eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly, and comfortable with some ambiguity. Strong cross-functional teamwork and proven success engaging various pre/post sales resources required; including Sales Development Representatives (SDR), Market Development Representatives (MDR), System Engineers (SE), Account Managers (AM), Partner Account Managers (PAM), Sales Managers (SM), as well as Legal, Security, Professional Services, and Customer Success & Support teams.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to a Regional Vice President of Vertical Markets.
• Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals and objectives through achieving individual sales quotas.
• Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts into geographic territory with the core verticals.
• Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and products demonstrations, by phone/ web-demo
• Develop and negotiate enterprise level proposals and contracts
• Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools
• Willingness and ability to travel as necessary, typically about 10%
• BS/BA degree in relevant discipline
• 3+ years of direct sales experience in an Account Executive role or equivalent quota-carrying role
• 2+ years in SaaS sales preferred
• Experience selling web-based products/services into the core verticals preferred (Healthcare and Life Sciences, Financial Services, Education, Real Estate, Legal/Not for Profit).
• Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
• Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
• Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel