In addition to our direct consumer brand, Upstart offers the Powered by Upstart lending-as-a-service platform for banks and credit unions to operate their own online lending programs utilizing our technology.
As an experienced Account Executive, you will help us manage and grow our relationships with banks and credit unions. Are you the right person to help us grow this line of business?
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on either East/West Coast time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per month at the San Mateo office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build and manage senior executive relationships with new and existing partners
- Jointly develop the business case to deploy and grow lending programs through the Powered by Upstart platform
- Manage cross-functional relationships with many functional groups within each partner
- Help partners manage and grow their lending programs through our platform
- Explore new growth opportunities and new product offerings with partners
- Represent bank point of view to teams to help inform strategy and product development
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum Requirements:
- 5-7 years+ experience in technology or business development banking sales
- Experience building and managing relationships with senior line of business executives
- Experience in managing large deal sizes
- Experience developing strong business cases in partnership with external parties
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Someone that can learn quickly, solve problems independently, and has good judgment
- Slanted towards taking initiative and action
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Preferred Requirements:
- Prior FinTech or startup experience
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks