Account Executive, Transact Commerce & Security
Blackboard is helping education leaders enhance every aspect of the teaching and learning experience. Blackboard’s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading e-Learning solutions, in addition to mass notification, campus security, and commerce. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of lifelong education and growth. Across courses, campuses, organizations, companies, government agencies, and communities, Blackboard is powering the educational age around the globe.
Blackboard Transact™ is an integratedtechnology platform that helps improve thestudentexperience and campus safety, while helping streamline business operations and increasing revenue. The Blackboard Transact platform includes capabilities across three aspects of an institution’s business operations:
- Commerce Management: facilitates campus ID card issuance, cashless payment processing, Bookstore, account management and reporting on-campus, off-campus, and online.
- Security Management: monitors all campus activity using integrated door access control, video surveillance and mass notification capabilities.
- Financial Services: offers innovative options for payment processing as well as both revenue enhancement and cost savings through extending the capabilities of the one-card solution to further enhance the studentexperience.
The Account Executive (AE) is primarily responsible for New Client Acquisition exclusively in the campus commerce and security market. The AE will meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Blackboard Transact integrated “one card” suite of enterprise-class commerce and security products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the Blackboard products to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition for the customer.
The AE will play an integral role in the success of theSales team. Specifically s/he will beresponsiblefor:
- Generating new sales into into accounts currently not licensing the Blackboard Transact commerce and security product suite.
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas while adhering to Blackboard's sales rules of engagement.
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine, ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
- Managing a complex, enterprise sales process with a 12 month to 24 month purchasing cycle.
- Expanding the revenue opportunity within new accounts by selling incremental follow-on business for a period of 24 months after the intitial contractdate.
- Taking on the role of "Virtual CEO" on all RFPs. Working with the RFP team, it is the responsibility of the AE to have a complete understanding of the insitution needs. This includes understanding of the platform the institution requires, partner requirements, price sensitivity, incumbant product, potential objections or concerns, Blackboard's strategic value proposition, and any other relevant information necessary for a successful sales process.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills. The AE will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate.
- Being well informed about current campus “one card” industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
- Becoming familiar with all Blackboard Partner relationships and how they relate to Blackboard sales.
- Becoming proficient with SalesForce.com – and effectively using the sales force automation tool to enter all sales information into this systemfor support accurate and proper forecasting / reporting.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations.
- Assisting in contract negotiations.
- Managing sales pipeline.
- Effectively and efficiently employing Blackboard resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale.
- Defining and executing territory sales plans.
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments, as needed.
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization, to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team.
- Bachelors degreerequired
- 5+ years’ salesexperience in enterprise-class security, surveillance and access control solutions or commerce and point-of-sale solutions.
- Knowledge of the higher education market market will be essential for the successful candidate.
- Successful achievement of $2M+ quotas, using a consultative selling methodology
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 25+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- This position requires the AE to work out of a home office.
- Travel: Expect 50-60%+