The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for Net New and Account Expansion within the territory. The AE will meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Blackboard Campus Enablement integrated suite of enterprise-class commerce, security and surveillance, and financial products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the Blackboard products to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition for the customer.
The AE will play an integral role in the success of the Sales team. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
- Generating new sales into accounts currently not licensing the Blackboard Campus Enablement product suite.
- Expanding existing account sales within the territory.
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas while adhering to Blackboard's sales rules of engagement.
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine, ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
- Managing a complex, enterprise sales process with a 12 month to 24 month purchasing cycle.
- Expanding the revenue opportunity within new accounts by selling incremental follow-on business
- Taking on the role of "Virtual CEO" on all RFPs. Working with the RFP team, it is the responsibility of the AE to have a complete understanding of the institution needs. This includes understanding of the platform the institution requires, partner requirements, price sensitivity, incumbent product, potential objections or concerns, Blackboard's strategic value proposition, and any other relevant information necessary for a successful sales process.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills. The AE will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate.
- Being well informed about higher education commerce and security industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
- Becoming familiar with all Blackboard partner relationships and how they relate to Blackboard sales.
- Becoming proficient with SalesForce.com – and effectively using the sales force automation tool to enter all sales information into this system for support accurate and proper forecasting / reporting.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations.
- Assisting in contract negotiations.
- Managing sales pipeline.
- Effectively and efficiently employing Blackboard resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale.
- Defining and executing territory sales plans.
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments, as needed.
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization, to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ enterprise sales experience.
- Knowledge of the Higher Ed or public-sector market will be essential for the successful candidate.
- Successful achievement of $2M+ quotas, using a consultative selling methodology
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 25+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers